對話一
A: Hi. I want to get something nice for my niece.
您好,我想給我的侄女買件像樣的禮物。
B: Well, I've never heard of a little girl that didn't love Barbie dolls.
就我所知,沒有那個小女孩不愛芭比娃娃的。
A: I like that suggestion. Show me one, please.
這個建議不錯。拿給我看一下吧。
B: Here you go—Digital Barbie.
這就是——數碼芭比。
A: Oh, my niece will love her! How much for her?
我侄女肯定會喜歡的。多少錢?
B: Barbie is our best seller. She's only $29.95.
在我們這芭比娃娃是最暢銷的。這個只要29.95美元。
A: That's great. I'll take her.
太好了。我買了。
B: Your niece will love this. Anything else?
您侄女肯定會愛死這個的。還需要別的嗎?
A: Thank you, but no. This will do it for now.
謝謝,不用了。這個就行了。
B: With the tax, your total is $32.42. Would you like to charge it?
加上稅,總共32.42美元。要用支票付款嗎?
A: I'll pay cash, thank you.
用現金吧。謝謝。
B: Thank you for shopping here.
謝謝惠顧
對話二
Lisa: Happy birthday, Jim!
吉姆,生日快樂!
Jim: Thank you, Lisa.
謝謝你,莉薩。
Lisa: Here is a present for you. I hope you like it..
這是給你的生日禮物。但愿你能喜歡。
Jim: Oh, great! I love it! You know I’ve been expecting this for a long time.
哦,太棒了!我太喜歡了!你知道我一直都想要它。
Lisa: I’m very glad to hear that..
聽你這樣說我很高興。
Jim: Come here; let me introduce some friends to you..
快過來,我給你介紹幾位朋友。
對話三
CAROLINE: What should I get Uncle Teddy?
送什么給泰迪叔叔好呢?
DRAKE: You could get him a tie.
可以送他領帶啊。
CAROLINE: Are you kidding?
開什么玩笑?
That's the stupidest gift one can buy. I don't want to get a tie.
那是最蠢的禮物了,我不要買領帶。
DRAKE: Why not?
CAROLINE: Everybody gets men ties for Christmas. It's too boring. Everybody buys either ties or sweaters. I want a more unique gift.
大家都送男生領帶當圣誕禮物,那太死板了。不是送領帶就是送毛衣,我要送點特別的。
DRAKE: Well, you can buy him a pet iguana then.
那么你可以買只寵物鬣蜥蜴給他
CAROLINE: That's a cool idea. At least it would be a surprise.
But I'm afraid he wouldn't take care of it.
不錯的點子,至少他會很驚訝。不過我怕他不會養(yǎng)。
DRAKE: He would think you were crazy, Caroline.
他會認為你瘋了,凱洛琳。
CAROLINE: Yes. An iguana is too strange for a gift, and a tie is too normal.
So I have to find something halfway between.
沒錯。送蜥蜴太奇怪,送領帶又太普通。所以要取其中
DRAKE: How much do you want to spend?
你要花多少錢?
CAROLINE: Well, he was very good to me.
他對我很好。
He helped me edit my essay for the scholarship contest.So I want to spend at least 75 dollars.
他幫我修改要參賽拿獎學金的文章,所以我至少要送他 75 美元的東西。
DRAKE: Alright, I have an idea.You know he carries that conservative-looking briefcase every day.
那好,我想到了。你知道他每天都提著那個老舊的公文包
CAROLINE: Yes.
DRAKE: Well, he isn't a lawyer, so I don't think he needs to have a briefcase like that.
他不是律師,不需要用那種公文包吧。
CAROLINE: What should he have then?
他不是律師,不需要用那種公文包吧。
DRAKE: I think he would appreciate having a very fine leather bag.But more like a bookbag or shoulder bag.You know, not so hard and square like a briefcase.
他會喜歡用皮制的包包。但要更像是書包或是背包。不像公文包那樣又硬又方正。
CAROLINE: I think that's a great idea. Men look great with that kind of bag.Where can we buy one?
這主意不錯,男生背那種背包很好看。
哪里買得到呢?
DRAKE: I don't think this mall has a leather goods store.So we have to go to State Street.
這個購物中心沒有皮制品的商店。我們必須到斯泰特街上。
CAROLINE: Alright. We can go later then.
好,那么等會兒去買吧。
DRAKE: We can buy something for Mom and Dad here,and then go buy Uncle Teddy's gift on State Street.
我們可以在這兒買爸媽的禮物,然后再去斯泰特街上買泰迪叔叔的禮物。